Monday, September 30, 2013

CONCEPT of Blogging About Mass Shootings

Templates for blogging about a Mass Shootings


Hat Tip - Tom the Dancing Bug, by Ruben Bolling

Tom The Dancing Bug Blog

Tom Tomorrow - "Every time one of these atrocities has occurred, since the cartoon below first ran in January of 2011, readers have written to suggest that I rerun it with a blank line replacing the name of the town. And in fact, I seriously considered it this time, as a way of driving home the sheer numbing repetition of these massacres. But then I realized I wanted to take the idea a little further than that, so this is where I ended up, with a sort of sequel to the last one."


Free Image Hosting Free Image Hosting
Go Figure...



Wait a sec… Hey! You there! You kids! Get the hell off my lawn! I’m warning you! Don’t make me come out there and use this rifle! Squeak squeak. Squeak squeak…



Gun Rights in America (made simple)

3 comments:

GOODSTUFF said...

Those who purport to care about the tenor of political discourse don't help civil debate when they seize on any pretext to call their political opponents accomplices to murder.

The Arizona Tragedy and the Politics of Blood Libel

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703667904576071913818696964.html?mod=WSJ_Opinion_LEADTop

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

More old ladies should carry. It would be a much quieter place.

Chip Ahoy said...

I don't like guns. Never did. Don't own one. Never will. They scare the piss out of me. But you know what scares me worse? Politicians busting a move on constitutional rights even the ones I don't use. That's what. These incidents are horrible and statistically low and do occur in lauded gun-free zones. And as much as I hate having so many guns around like water, the worst part is guns in untrained hands. Urban guns in untrained hands. And the next thing to that I hate is these statistically low events politicized and dramatized through emotion, that is, emotion used to propel legislation, always for "reasonable" gun legislation. Well of course! Everybody is for reasonable. is just too cynical to bear and you are part of it with these emotional cartoons.

I take it you are anti gun. Emotionalizing these events, dramatizing them to the point of careless legislation, always waiting for such events to nibble, has sold more guns than any advertising campaign could possibly hope. That is not hyperbole. That is the horrible irony of the emotionalism, among the gun owing people, Obama is known as the best gun salesman in history. It's axiomatic. People feel what I feel, they're more afraid of their rights being nibbled than they are of more guns, what is the term -- on the street? Your point here, whatever it is besides sanctimony, is not taken.